Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from Joanne Fluke's book - Carrot Cake Murder
Make and share this Scandinavian Almond Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter, melt and strain through cheese cloth. Throw away the milk solids and use the only clarified parts
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract (I would recommend only 1 teaspoon)
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray a loaf pan with Pam and line the long side of the pan with parchment paper and spray with Pam.
- Mix the sugar with the egg in a bowl. Beat them together together until fluffy.
- Add the baking powder and almond extract. Mix well.
- Add the cooled clarified butter to the the sugar mix. Add half of the cream and mix and mix it inches Add half of the flour and mix it in . Now add the rest of the cream and mix and then add the rest of the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Put the almonds in the bottom of the loaf pan and then pour the batter over it.
- Bake the cake for 50-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the loaf pan sit on a wire rack or a cold burner for 15 minutes. Then loosen the cake from the short sides of the pan with a metal spatula or knife. Tip the cake out on a pretty platter, and remove the parchment paper. Let it cool and then dust the top with powdered sugar if you wish.