Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A twist on an old favorite!
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peel & 1/4 inch slice
- 473.18 ml cream
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 473.18 ml cheddar cheese
- Place 2 cups cream in a pot to warm. Add nutmeg.
- Butter a gratin or casserole dish. Layer sliced potatoes and cheese in casserole. Salt and pepper each layer and finish with cheese on top.
- Pour warm cream over top and place casserole on a baking sheet to protect oven from possible over bubbling.
- Bake 30-35 minutes in 350 degree oven.
I love potatoes! DH usually isn't interested in a potato unless it's a boring baker! This recipe was the one to change his mind! We enjoyed this recipe so much! Thank you! I'll be making this again I am very sure!
The flavours were good, but we had a few issues with this one, I'm afraid. I may be missing it, but there's no mention of where or when to add the garlic. This took over 1 hour at 350 to cook, and by then the cream had separated, and it looked very unpleasant (like curdled cheese and water). We drained off some of the water, and it still tasted ok, thankfully, as it was made for Thanksgiving dinner.
A delicious way to enjoy sweet potatoes or yams (I used yams)! I love yams and don't always like them smothered in sweet sugar and marshmallows. Much better than regualr scalloped potatoes, too. I had to bake mine about 15 minutes longer. Thanx for a great recipe. I'll make this again.