Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These two flavours go well as a side dish to almost any meal. Quick and easy too!!
- 4 cups rutabagas, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cups firm apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine all of the above in a 2 quart shallow baking dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and vent one corner.
- Microwave on high 16 to 20 minutes, stirring every 4 minutes.
- Let stand 3 minutes.
- Can also be baked at 350 for at least one hour.