Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I got at my grocery store. Each week they do recipes and let us taste. This one tastes so good that I had to share with you all. Hope you'll enjoy if you try it. It's not written the quantity of servings so I guess 4. If you try it, tell me how many serving you got and I'll edit it. Same thing for preparation and cooking time.
- 12 fresh shiitake mushroom caps
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 100 g prosciutto, chopped into very thin strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seedless
- 300 g fresh scallops, sliced in half
- 44.37 ml clam juice
- salt, in moderation
- endive, leaves cleaned and washed
- Cut mushrooms into 4 or 6 pieces and cook in skillet with 3 tablespoon of olive oil. Add prosciutto, jalapeno and clam juice. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add scallops with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and caramelize quickly. Add preparation obtained in step 1 and mix well. Season with salt and let mixture warm for 1 or 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve in endive leaves as appetizers. As en entrée, arrange about 24 of these appetizers on a serving plate and heat in oven preheated to 375 F for about 3 minutes.
- Chef's Tip : For a complete meal, add 50 ml of cream (15 %) to preparation obtained in step 2 and mix with cooked linguine. Sprinkle with finely chopped coriander and serve with steamed broccoli.
Amazing! I took the option in step 4 and served over linquine and had this for dinner.....super delicious! I added no salt...none needed. These simple ingredients turned into a gourmet meal that I will happily make again and serve to "foodie" guests! Boomie, you have a winner here.
For me, the "surprise" is how well this turned out! This is very unusual, and sure to please the adventurous palate! The instructions didn't say to finely chop the jalapneo, so I did it anyway. It made enough for 2 endives and serves 4-6 as an appetizer. Thanks, Boomette! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.