Recipe by Boomette
This is a recipe I got at my grocery store. Each week they do recipes and let us taste. This one tastes so good that I had to share with you all. Hope you'll enjoy if you try it. It's not written the quantity of servings so I guess 4. If you try it, tell me how many serving you got and I'll edit it. Same thing for preparation and cooking time.
Top Review by breezermom
Amazing! I took the option in step 4 and served over linquine and had this for dinner.....super delicious! I added no salt...none needed. These simple ingredients turned into a gourmet meal that I will happily make again and serve to "foodie" guests! Boomie, you have a winner here.
- 12 fresh shiitake mushroom caps
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 g prosciutto, chopped into very thin strips
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, seedless
- 300 g fresh scallops, sliced in half
- 3 tablespoons clam juice
- salt, in moderation
- endive, leaves cleaned and washed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut mushrooms into 4 or 6 pieces and cook in skillet with 3 tablespoon of olive oil. Add prosciutto, jalapeno and clam juice. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add scallops with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and caramelize quickly. Add preparation obtained in step 1 and mix well. Season with salt and let mixture warm for 1 or 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve in endive leaves as appetizers. As en entrée, arrange about 24 of these appetizers on a serving plate and heat in oven preheated to 375 F for about 3 minutes.
- Chef's Tip : For a complete meal, add 50 ml of cream (15 %) to preparation obtained in step 2 and mix with cooked linguine. Sprinkle with finely chopped coriander and serve with steamed broccoli.