Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Created for RSC#10. For more heat add more jalapeño peppers.
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 medium red onion (sliced)
- 1⁄2 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (halved)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup rice
- 1⁄2 lb bay scallop
- 1 jalapeno pepper (sliced)
- salt and pepper
- Cook bacon until done, remove bacon, save grease.
- Add onion, green pepper and grape tomatoes to bacon grease.
- Cook until liquid is dissolved.
- Add chicken stock, bring to boil.
- Add rice and cover, turn down heat. (Follow package directions for rice).
- After 10 minutes add scallops and jalapeño pepper by fluffing rice (do not stir) recover.
- When rice is fully cooked, stir, serve and enjoy.
A delicious recipe that is very easy to put together and has little clean-up. While the recipe was reduced to 2 servings the amount of scallops remained at 1/2 lb. I would definitely consider making this recipe again. Made for *Hidden Gems--RSC10*.