Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a different way to try scallops
- 4 large apples or 8 small apples
- 24 fresh scallops
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 50 g butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 glass white wine
- 100 ml cream
- salt & pepper
- Cut the tops off the apples and scoop out the flesh leaving the apple intact. Remove 1/2 cup of the apple flesh and and blend to a pulp along with the lemon juice and zest. Place the butter into a heavy-based saute pan and add the scallops.
- Cook quickly for 1 minute, then add the wine and cream, and reduce the liquid by increasing the heat. Once a creamy sauce is achieved add the apple mixture and parsley.
- Check the seasoning and spoon the filling into the apple cases.
- Place onto a baking tray.
- Cut the pastry sheet into 4 pieces and score a crisscross pattern across the top.
- Brush with milk and egg wash and place onto the baking tray.
- Bake all together at 180C for 20 - 25 minutes until pastry is golden and the apple has softened.
- Serve the apples alongside the pastry crouton with a crisp green salad.