Top Review by winkki
These are a quick way to make an easy snack or addition to a meal. I served them with Chunky Guacamole #72639, salsa, and sour cream. They'd be good with leftover fajita strips in them, too; lots of possibilities with these! I also tried them with flour tortillas; they didn't get as crispy, but are definitely an option if you don't have the corn on hand. Thanks!
- 8 corn tortillas, 5 inch diameter
- 1⁄2 cup grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro or 2 teaspoons epazote, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large, dry, cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Place 1 tortilla in skillet, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese and one-fourth each of the scallions, jalapeno and cilantro (or epazote), if using.
- When cheese melts, top with another tortilla and flip to toast other side.
- Total cooking time is 2 minutes.
- Transfer quesadilla to a cutting board and cut in half.
- Keep warm.
- Make 3 more quesadillas with remaining ingredients.