Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
A very elegant garnish.
Make and share this Scallion Curls recipe from Food.com.
- Trim bulbs from onions at point where stems begin to turn green.
- Trim remaining stems to a length of about 4 inches, cutting off tops if necessary.
- Reserve bulbs and remaining tops for another use.
- Using sharp scissors, cut each section of the green stems lengthwise into very thin strips down tot he beginning of the stem.
- Cut about 6 to 8 strips in each stem section.
- Fill a medium-size bowl about half full of cold water.
- Place scallions in water Add ice cubes.
- Refrigerate until onions curl, about 1 hour.