1/4 Photos of Savoury Bacon and Blue Cheese Danish Pastries
French Tart's Note:
A bit of a twist on the usual sweet Danish pastries, these are my savoury Danish pastries using Danish Bacon and Danish Blue cheese - a very tasty combination! Use ready made puff pastry for speed and ease. Serve these for brunch or a light lunch with salads and pickles. These are also great to take on a picnic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces danish back bacon, trimmed and diced
- 4 ounces danish blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 12 ounces premade puff pastry
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- black pepper
- 1 beaten egg, to glaze
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 400F, Gas Mark 6, 200°C.
- 2Heat the oil , add the onion and saute until lightly coloured and soft.
- 3Add the chopped bacon and cook gently, stirring occasionally.
- 4When the bacon is cooked & crispy, add the paprika, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper and salts.
- 5Allow to cool a little then add the sour cream and crumbled blue cheese.
- 6Season to taste.
- 7Roll out the pastry thinly and cut into 8 squares.
- 8Put a spoonful of the mixture onto each square,and bring two corners over the top to meet each other and make a diamond shape - covering most of the filling.
- 9Put on a greased and lined baking tray, glaze with the beaten egg and bake in the pre-heated oven for about 20- 25 minutes, or until pastry is puffed up and golden brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savoury Bacon and Blue Cheese Danish Pastries
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.0
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 66.6 mg
- Sodium 674.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: