Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
Great sauce, can make it while the pasta is cooking. An adaptation of a recipe from the John Robbins's "May All Be Fed".
- 1⁄2 lb firm tofu
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable stock or 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil or 1⁄4 cup safflower oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (1 tsp dried)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic (peeled)
- Put all ingredients into a blender/food processor.
- Use to top pasta.
This is so good and it's good on so many things, as others have mentioned. I heated it and served it over angel hair pasta and vegetables and it's the kind of thing you can't stop eating. My one year old grandson loved it. Doesn't matter if you don't like tofu; it doesn't taste like tofu.
This was different from other pasta sauces I've had or made, but it was tasty. No one will know there's tofu in it unless you tell them, and it's got a whole lot more protein than your average pasta sauce. We enjoyed it over Barilla Plus penne and steamed broccoli.
My whole family loved this sauce. I heated it and served it over rotini pasta. I will definitely make this again. Thanks!