Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tired of having to go out for stuffed mushrooms? Make your own!
- 12 ounces seasoned pork sausage
- 1⁄2 cup low fat cottage cheese (mashed)
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (rehydrated)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh basil, minced
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup scallion (thinly sliced)
- 16 portabella mushroom caps (about 4-inch across)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently until thoroughly cooked; drain well.
- In mixing bowl, combine sausage, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of Italian cheese blend, tomatoes, basil, garlic and onions. Mix well.
- Brush smooth side of washed mushroom caps with oil & place on baking sheet.
- Spread each with 2 tablespoons sausage mixture & drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon vinegar.
- Top each with 1/2 tablespoon cheese.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until cheese begins to brown.
- Place mushrooms on plate lined with paper towel for about 3 minutes. Once drained, remove paper towel & sprinkle with paprika.