- 1 (1 1/2-2 lb) unsliced round loaf Italian bread
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 2 -3 teaspoons poppy seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bread lengthwise and then crosswise without cutting through bottom of crust.
- Insert cheese between cuts.
- Combine margarine, onions and poppy seeds together and then drizzle over bread.
- Wrap in foil and put on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cheese can be replaced by your own favorite type. You can also use different breads.