Prep 25 mins
Cook 13 mins
These crescents are good paired with chicken.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, add the butter and sage; stir to combine; reserve 1 tablespoon butter mixture for topping.
- Separate the crescent roll dough into 8 triangles.
- Spread remaining butter mixture onto triangles.
- Sprinkle evenly with pecans.
- Roll up dough, starting at the shortest side of the triangle, rolling to opposite point.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet and curve the roll into a crescent shape.
- Spread reserved butter mixture on the tops of the rolls.
- Bake at 375° for 11 to 13 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve warm.
This is a quick recipe to make and adds a nice twist to standard crescents. I did mix the sage and butter together and a pastry brush made quick work of buttering the dough.
I thought these were very tasty little rolls. Easy to make and I enjoyed the crunch from the pecans and the flavor of sage. I served them along with roast chicken and different vegetables. Family liked them also. Thanks.
These were OK, but we probably won't be making them again.