Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Like a breadstick, but better!
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) boxfrozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F Coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface with fold lines vertical. Roll out with a lightly floured rolling pin in direction of fold lines until sheet is 14x9" wide. Brush lightly with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 the nuts, rosemary and pepper; roll gently with rolling pin to press into pastry. Turn pastry over and repeat.
- Cut sheet crosswise in half to make two 7x9" rectangles. Cut lengthwise in 3/4-in-wide strips (you'll have 26). Twist strips and place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining pastry sheet.
- VARIATION: Pepper-Parmesan Twists: Prepare through step 2. In step 3 omit nuts and rosemary; substitute 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese and increase pepper to 1 teaspoons Proceed as directed.
- VARIATION: Sweet & Spicy Nut Twists: Prepare through step 2. In step 3 omit nuts, rosemary and pepper; substitite a mixture of 1/4 cup each packed light-brown sugar and chili powder along with 1 tsp ground red pepper. Top with 1/2 cup chopped peanuts. Proceed as directed.