A wonderful savory cracker without corn, wheat, yeast, milk or egg from the good folks at Bob's Red Mill. Lightly sprinkle some sea salt over the top to make a saltine-type cracker. Specialty ingredients can be found at www.bobsredmill.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup amaranth flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot
- 1/4 cup almond meal or 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed (Whole)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (White Hulled)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Lightly crush caraway seeds using a mortal and pestle: set aside.
- 3Place all dry ingredients except the sesame seeds in large bowl and stir to combine.
- 4Mix oil and 3 tablespoons water together and add all at once to flour mixture.
- 5Stir only until a ball forms (If ball appears dry and crumbly add a little more water, one teaspoon at a time, until ball hangs together as the moisture content of flour varies).
- 6Roll half of the dough at a time, rolling quite thinly between layers of wax paper, if needed.
- 7Cut into 1-1/2" squares or triangles and prick with fork.
- 8Sprinkle sesame seeds onto un-greased cookie sheet and transfer cracker cut-outs to cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes.
- 9Place crackers on wire rack, place it back on the cookie sheet, and return it back to the oven to crisp another 5-7 minutes.
- 10Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- 11Repeat with other half of dough.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Gluten Free Crackers
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 29.8
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 34.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.5 g