Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful savory cracker without corn, wheat, yeast, milk or egg from the good folks at Bob's Red Mill. Lightly sprinkle some sea salt over the top to make a saltine-type cracker. Specialty ingredients can be found at www.bobsredmill.com.
- 3⁄4 cup amaranth flour
- 1⁄2 cup arrowroot
- 1⁄4 cup almond meal or 1⁄4 cup almond flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed (Whole)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (White Hulled)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly crush caraway seeds using a mortal and pestle: set aside.
- Place all dry ingredients except the sesame seeds in large bowl and stir to combine.
- Mix oil and 3 tablespoons water together and add all at once to flour mixture.
- Stir only until a ball forms (If ball appears dry and crumbly add a little more water, one teaspoon at a time, until ball hangs together as the moisture content of flour varies).
- Roll half of the dough at a time, rolling quite thinly between layers of wax paper, if needed.
- Cut into 1-1/2" squares or triangles and prick with fork.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds onto un-greased cookie sheet and transfer cracker cut-outs to cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes.
- Place crackers on wire rack, place it back on the cookie sheet, and return it back to the oven to crisp another 5-7 minutes.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Repeat with other half of dough.