Recipe by tgobbi
This recipe comes from a little recipe booklet distributed by Lea & Perrins, the Worcestershire Sauce manufacturers.
Top Review by PSU Lioness
This was a great main dish. I also browned the pork and onions and then added the other ingredients and let everything simmer for 30 minutes under a lid and it turned out fantastic! I also thickened the sauce into a gravy and we served it over the pork and mashed potatoes. Great recipe. Thanks for posting!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 2 large onions, thin sliced
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season pork chops w/S&P.
- Cook chops in oil to almost done, about 4 minutes per side.
- Add onion to pan; cook, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or to golden brown.
- Stir in worcestershire, vinegar, sugar, sage.
- Bring to boil; cook to reduce slightly.
- Return meat; simmer uncovered 2 min till done.