Recipe by That Napa Chicken Ranch
This is a wonderful and easy dough to work with- I cut 6" rounds and fill with meats or fish and bake for a light supper- or use for your dinner pastries!
Top Review by The Pixelated Vegetarian
After making this with extra sharp cheddar, 1/4 t pepper, 1/2 t rosemary, and reduced oil, this turned out excellently. Easy to roll too - I'll never buy a pie crust again. Definitely use a pie shield though, because this browns quickly.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In an electric mixer bowl, add all of the ingredients except the water.
- Mix until butter is broken down into the size of peas.
- Slowly add the water while the mixer is running. It should form a ball when ready after adding 1/3 cup water. If not, slowly add more water (1 Tbsp at a time) until it does.
- This dough freezes very well. For sweet pies, you can omit the cheese and it still works very well.