Recipe by Oolala
Copied out of a cookbook in my pre-Zaar days.
Top Review by Belinda Rawlins
This was the first time I've ever made Kugel. It was a fine start! It was just for 2 people, so I halved everything but the worcestershire and hot sauce. Changes I made: no dried basil added fresh parsley used red pepper instead of green use vegetarian worcestershire All in all a pretty fabulous dish. Thanks for getting me off to a great start. Hopefully, I'll be able to upload the picture.
- 4 ounces egg noodles
- 4 ounces spinach noodles
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles until "al dente" (both types together or not, they may reach al dente at different times-read box/package) and rinse with hot water and drain well. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine cottage cheese, sour cream, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, herbs, hot pepper sauce and salt and pepper. Mix together well.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in heated butter for about 5 minutes and add the noodles, stirring until well blended.
- Add the noodles to the cottage cheese mixture and pour the blend into a buttered 9" X 13" baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika for color if you like.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly.