Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Haven't tried yet, but can't wait to. This is another Rachael Ray recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 lb veal scallops, thinly sliced
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 10 ounces broccoli rabe
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- In a skillet over moderate heat, combine 1 T oil, butter and flour. Cook 2-3 minute Whisk in broth. Add sliced veal and cook 3-4 min, then transfer to a warm platter. Season veal with salt and pepper. Add lemon zest, juice, and parsley to sauce and remove pan from heat.
- Heat water for broccoli rabe. Blanch til just cooked, but crispy. Drain. Place a second skillet over med-high. Add 1 T oil, garlic and broccoli rabe and cook til tender. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- To assemble, divide broccoli rabe between 2 dinner plates. Top with veal and pour pan sauce over top.
Yum. The combination of the bitter broccoli rabe with the tart lemon veal is terrific!