Recipe by Ridgely
This spread is the best! It is all I ever make for my crusty French bread. I am sure it can be easliy refigerated or frozen, but we never let it get that far.
Top Review by LainieBug
Very good garlic butter. I didn't care for the addition of the black pepper and will leave that out next time, but that is simply personal preference. I might also be brave and add another clove of garlic just to see how it turns out.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter, cut in a small dice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium-low heat with garlic, salt and pepper and cook, sizzling 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The garlic should soften and become fragrant but not brown.
- Put the diced butter into a bowl and pour the oil and garlic over it.
- Blend until smooth enough of to spread.