1/1 Photo of Sauteed Apples W/Raisins & Cognac (#8)
Still sharing my treasure trove of old recipes recently found again. As w/most of the others, the original source has been lost w/the passage of time. This sounds so good to me, is an amazing quick-fix & can be served hot or cold in several ways to create a lovely dessert. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a non-stick skillet. Add apples & sprinkle w/sugar.
- 2Saute (stirring constantly w/a wooden spoon) till apples begin to get tender (about 2-3 min).
- 3Add raisins & saute for a couple of min to heat them through & continue to cook the apples.
- 4Remove the skillet from the heat, stir in the cognac & swirl the apples around til it is well-mixed into the sauce.
- 5Serving Suggestions: If you want to serve hot (or warm), use apple mixture to top pound cake slices or vanilla ice cream & sprinkle w/the chopped pecans. -- If you want to serve cold, refrigerate mixture till ready for use & then assemble the desserts as already stated.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Apples W/Raisins & Cognac (#8)
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.9
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 5.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 1.1 g