Prep 3 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here’s a new quick dish I came up with that makes use of leftover chili...
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic paste
- 1 eggplant (coarsely julienned)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon walnuts (crushed)
- 2 cups chili (I used my leftover Sunburst Chili)
- grated parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh basil
- Prepare penne according to directions on package.
- Meanwhile, place olive oil in heated frying pan then add garlic, eggplant, vinegar and walnuts Cook until eggplant is translucent.
- While eggplant is cooking, quickly puree chili in a food processor.
- Place in a container and heat in microwave for approximately 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta and quickly mix with eggplant in frying pan.
- Remove from heat and place in serving dish.
- Top with desired amount of chili, Parmesan, and basil.