1/4 Photos of Sautéed Broccoli With Garlic and Pine Nuts
A really tasty side dish! I love garlic and pine nuts, and broccoli too, so this is a winner with me! This recipe comes from Anna Teresa Callen, an Italian cook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small dry skillet, toast the pine nuts, stirring constantly to brown evenly. Don't burn!
- 2Chop the garlic fine. Set aside.
- 3Separate the broccoli into florets. Peel the skinnier stems and cut into cubes (or reserve the stems for cream of broccoli soup).
- 4In a large pot of rapidly boiling salted water, blanch the broccoli for about 8 minutes, until it is crisp-tender and still bright green.
- 5Drain thoroughly in a colander.
- 6In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and let it soften for a few minutes. Be careful not to let it burn.
- 7Then add the broccoli and pine nuts to the pan. Toss carefully to coat everything well with the garlicky oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Turn into a warmed serving bowl and serve at once. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sautéed Broccoli With Garlic and Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.9
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 67.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 6.5 g