Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
365 Easy Italian Recipes serves 6
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sausage, but into 2 inch pieces (luganega)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper
- Prick sausages all over with tines of a fork. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, turning, 5 minutes or until browned all over.
- Add carrot, celery and garlic. Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 25-30 minutes, or until sausage is cooked through.
- Add white beans and simmer 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.