I made up this recipe and hope you like it as much as we did. I used a spicy cajun andoulle sausage but you could use your favorite.
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce or 1 (8 ounce) can tomato puree
- 6 cups beef broth or 6 cups beef stock
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked desired pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) canyour favorite beans
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- In large skillet, combine sausage, onion, garlic and bell pepper. Cook until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Put into large soup pot and add remaining ingredients except pasta, beans and zucchini. Bring to a boil and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add pasta, beans and zucchini and simmer another 20-25 minutes or until pasta is tender.