Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe from Margaret and Rudy Bistrovich would be great any time of year but especially at Thanksgiving or Christmas. She says "A lot of the quantities depend on the size of the turkey and amount of stuffing you're making. These measurements were for a 18 lb. turkey. You can judge for bigger turkeys." A note if you are not making it to go into a turkey make sure you bake it first! I would reccomend 45 minutes or so at 400 degrees.
- 1 bag prepared seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 -3 lbs Italian sausage, with fennel
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- garlic powder, to taste
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Take the sausage out of the casing and brown with garlic and onion.
- Mix it into the rest of the ingredients.
- Add water or chicken broth to make it moist. If you make it outside of the turkey make sure it is very moist. It comes out good like that also.