Recipe by Jadalynn
I have a protein shake for breakfast every morning, and if I didn't change up the flavor it would get boring fast. So I add fruit to make it slightly different each day. To make this a one serving shake - only use one scoop shake mix and half of each of the additions.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
An interesting shake, to say the least, & it has great taste, too, for sure! I did my own little twist on it, though, since I really do like things like this to include a wonderful frosty chill ~ I used a frozen banana as well as large frozen strawberries, along with icy cold (almost be not quite frozen) oranges & pineapple! Very, very nice! [Made & reviewed during this Spring's Pick A Chef event]
- 1 cup milk (I usually use 2%)
- 2 scoops protein shake mix
- 1 banana
- 2 strawberries (fresh)
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin orange sections (canned)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple (canned)
- 2 tablespoons granola cereal (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In blender, mix base mix together until no large chunks of banana are left.
- Divide base mix into thirds.
- Put 1/3 base mix back into blender with 2 strawberries - mix until smooth and no chunks of strawberry are left.
- Pour into glasses.
- Put 1/3 base mix back into blender with oranges - mix until smooth and no chunks are left.
- Slowly pour over the back of a spoon into glass on top of strawberry mix.
- Put 1/3 base mix back into blender with pineapple - mix until smooth and little to no chunks are left.
- Slowly pour over the back of a spoon into glass on top of orange mix.
- Sprinkle top with granola.