Prep 7 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are fish and egg sandwiches you can make them fish and vegetables sandwiches by substituting the egg with tomatoes, shallots, capsicum and chopped cucumber. The cook time is for the eggs.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce or 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced (I boil them the night before so that putting them together for a brown bag becomes easier)
- 2 (125 g) cans sardines, drained and boned
- 12 lettuce leaves
- Mix together the may, lemon juice, chilli/tomato sauce.
- Spread this over 6 of the bread slices.
- Stack the eggs, sardines and letuce leaves over the top.
- (Do distribute them equally over the six slices) Top with the remaining bread slices (buttered if you wish).