Recipe by WI Cheesehead
This is a simple, yet delicious, comforting meal. I've had it forever and the whole family loves it. I usu. don't make it with the almonds and it still tastes fantastic! Takes just minutes to throw together if you buy the crust already made.
Top Review by ebbtide
Enjoyed very much, altho found it a bit too much dough for our taste..used two prepared pie crusts and am sure preparing own dough is preferable. Next time will add some green peas and saute the celery ahead of time.
- 1 cup shredded colby or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup slivered toasted almond
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked turkey or 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3⁄4 cup sliced celery
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt, to taste
- 2 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss cheese with flour.
- Combine cheese and almonds with turkey, celery, lemon juice, mayonnaise, poultry seasoning and salt. Mix well.
- If using refrigerated dough, follow mfg's directions. Line 8- or 9-inch pie plate with one of the pastry rounds. Fill with turkey mix. Top with second pastry round. Trim edges to 1/4-inch and crimp to seal. Flute as desired. Cut vents or decorative designs in top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 400°F 30 to 35 minute.