Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Layers of crisp meringue covered with buttercream frosting.
Make and share this Sans Rival recipe from Food.com.
- Grease and flour three inverted 18" x 15" cookie sheets and set aside.
- To make the meringue, beat egg whites until soft peaks are formed.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating well after each addition.
- Continue beating until egg whites are very stiff.
- Fold in cashew nuts and vanilla.
- Spread thinly in prepared pans.
- Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut wafers down the center if desired.
- Loosen and slide wafers to a flat surface and cool.
- To make the frosting, boil sugar and water until it spins a thread.
- Meanwhile, beat egg yolks until thick.
- Pour syrup into eggyolks in thin streams while beating.
- Cool the eggyolk mixture.
- Cream in the butter.
- Blend in the rum.
- To assemble the Sans Rival, layer the wafers on top of eachother with frosting in between each layer.
- Cover the top and sides with frosting and sprinkle the top with cashew nuts is desired.
- Served chilled.