Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
It's a quick snack or lunchtime item. It's very tasty and pleasing. The broccoli tastes so good when marinated in fresh garlic and olive oil and gives the sandwich another dimension.
- 2 slices white bread, buttered on one side
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped broccoli, flavored with garlic and olive oil
- Heat sandwich press.
- Chop broccoli into small pieces.
- Place one slice of buttered bread, butter side down.
- Place cheese slice, topped with chopped broccoli, topped with shredded cheddar on bread slice.
- Top with second piece of bread butter side up.
- Close press and let cook 5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
I usually love broccoli, but didn't love this. It was edible though and easy to make. If I made it again I would omit the garlic and add ham or chicken.
Excellent idea! I can't leave recipes well enough alone, so I added more broccoli, changed the bread to a caraway rye, and the cheese was a smelly Emmenthal. With a dash of red pepper flakes I had a great lunch!
I obviously mis-read this recipe because I thought I had followed the directions but did not. I made a sandwhich using a slice of cheese and some chopped broccoli and really enjoyed it. But when I came back to review (I tagged it for healthy ABC) realized I had forgotten the shredded cheese, plus the other stuff! So I'm just commenting that I really enjoyed the concept and will make again. Thanks.