Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is wicked easy and very delicious. Great for winter evening dinners. We like it was a green salad and crusty bread to dip in the soup.
- Rinse and sort black beans.
- In a large bowl, place beans and cover with water 2 inches above beans.
- Let soak for 8 hours and then drain.
- In a slow cooker, stir in all ingredients except tomatoes, hot sauce and green onions.
- Let cook for 10 hours on low heat or until beans are tender.
- Using a stick blender, partially puree mixture.
- Add tomatoes, hot sauce and stir .
- Pour in bowl and sprinkle with green onions.