Recipe by Annacia
Although the recipe says Samhain and the spices are well suited to the entire Fall season and you'll enjoy it at any time of the year.
Top Review by breezermom
I made as posted, and included the spiced rum. I didn't have enough liquid to get my carrots tender, and the spices were very intense....love these spices, but just couldn't find any carrot flavor under all the spice. So I added more broth to let my baby carrots get tender. I do recommend using this spice blend if you are trying to sell your house....the smell is fabulous! Simmer it on the stove top and your home is warm and inviting! I'll have to try this one again and adjust the seasoning a bit to suit our taste. Thanks for sharing! Made for Zaar Stars Tag.
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened apple juice or 1⁄4 cup cider
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon spiced rum (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan, mix carrots, apple juice or cider, pepper flakes, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg (preferably freshly ground), allspice and rum if using.
- Coat carrots thoroughly.
- Bring mixture to low boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- As mixture thickens, begin to stir constantly, taking care not to allow liquid to scorch.
- Carrots should be crispy tender and sauce mixture should be thick coating.