Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the cookbook Cooking From the Heart with Sam Choy.
- 2 (2 -3 lb) ducks
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed, whole
- Remove wing tips, neck flap, tail end, excess fat, and drumstick knuckles.
- Rinse both ducks.
- Place in a dish, and pour shoyu (soy sauce) over them.
- Roll the ducks in the shoyu and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Keep rolling in the shoyu every 3 to 4 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Place ducks breast side up on roasting rack in a roasting pan and sprinkle thoroughly with marinade.
- Put a little marinade inside cavities.
- Roast in 450ºF oven for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325ºF.
- Cook for 1 hour, or until meat thermometer registers an internal temperature of 170ºF to 175ºF.
- No basting is required.
- Serve with steamed rice.