Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I am always on the look-out for Lo-Carb recipies. This chicken recipe is elegant, yet surprisingly easy and quick. It is full of flavor with a tasty surprise inside. Dana Carpender's Low-Carb cookbooks are the "bible" of cooking in our house!
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Place chicken in a large heavy zipper bag & pound until its 1/4 inch thick.
- When all breasts are pounded thin, place a layer of prosciutto followed by some shredded cheese over each one, and roll each breast up. Fasten w/ toothpicks.
- Melt the butter w/ the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken rolls & saute, turning occasionally until golden all over.
- Add the wine to the skillet, turn the burner to low, cover the skillet & simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the rolls to a serving plate & cover to keep warm.
- Turn the burner up to high & boil the liquid in the skillet hard for 5 minutes, to reduce. Spoon over rolls & serve.