Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Charred Italian sausage served with peppers sautéed in olive oil and garlic. From Cafe Lucci :O) I will put in an estimate for the time.
- 12 Italian sausages (2-inch links)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 6 ounces chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill. Grill sausage to desired doneness and set aside, keeping warm.
- Preheat sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and peppers. Sauté for a couple of minutes until softened. Add garlic and sauté for another couple of minutes. Then add chicken stock and seasonings. Stir to incorporate all flavors and simmer over medium-high heat until stock is reduced by half, about five minutes.
- For plate service, place sausage onto a large platter and spoon peppers on top.
- Suggested wine - 2000 Franco Fiorina Barbaresco.
I too used ground sausage and didn't use the olive oil when cooking the patties. After the patties were real browned I added the pepper mixture and the patties in a pan and cooked them on the grill for about an hour. This way the pepper flavor really drew through the patties. We all enjoyed these.
I used Italian Sausage "Hot" mince and made patties. Love the peppers with the sausage meat - I didn't use Oilive oil I used No Oil"olive oil" Worked just fine. Served with garlic oven fries and green beans. The touch of oregano is just right Thanks for posting the recipe was enjoyedSwede 1 6tc