Recipe by MissTiff16
Charred Italian sausage served with peppers sautéed in olive oil and garlic. From Cafe Lucci :O) I will put in an estimate for the time.
Top Review by bmcnichol
I too used ground sausage and didn't use the olive oil when cooking the patties. After the patties were real browned I added the pepper mixture and the patties in a pan and cooked them on the grill for about an hour. This way the pepper flavor really drew through the patties. We all enjoyed these.
- 12 Italian sausages (2-inch links)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 6 ounces chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill. Grill sausage to desired doneness and set aside, keeping warm.
- Preheat sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and peppers. Sauté for a couple of minutes until softened. Add garlic and sauté for another couple of minutes. Then add chicken stock and seasonings. Stir to incorporate all flavors and simmer over medium-high heat until stock is reduced by half, about five minutes.
- For plate service, place sausage onto a large platter and spoon peppers on top.
- Suggested wine - 2000 Franco Fiorina Barbaresco.