Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
We find that simple preparations for fresh salmon are really the best. Salmon season has just opened on the West Coast so we will be having it often. This is a wonderful, easy and delicious method of preparing it.
- 2 heads garlic, in cloves,peeled
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400^F.
- Put the garlic cloves in a small baking dish and pour enough olive oil to cover.
- Wrap in double thickness aluminum foil.
- Bake until tender, about 35 minutes.
- Drain garlic, reserving 1 T oil.
- Save remaining oil for another use.
- In a food processor, combine the garlic, 1 T oil and the unsalted butter.
- Process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- This can be made in advance and refrigerated until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 450^F.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet.
- Dribble each fillet with 1/2 tsp lemon juice.
- Spread 1 T garlic puree evenly over each fillet.
- Bake salmon uncovered about 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with rosemary and serve.
Simple to pepare...incredible taste...definately will impress guests
This is a fantastic recipe! My husband generally does not likey 'fishy' tasting fish, and this fit his taste perfectly. I served with red-sauce linguini and sauteed zucchini. Note: Making sure to add the Rosemary post-baking will make sure any garlic doesn't turn green ;)