Prep 3 mins
Cook 12 mins
From my Favorite Supermarket...Here it is for all you Salmon lovers!
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 (6 ounce) fresh salmon fillets
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- salt and pepper
- Heat and brush a grill with the 1 - 2 tablespoons oil.
- Grill the fillets, skin-side up, for 4 minutes on each side.
- In a small bowl, mix together the 1/2 cup oil, lemon juice, lime juice, herbs, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Remove the grilled fillets and place in a large shallow baking pan.
- Brush the fillets with the reserved sauce and bake for 3 - 4 minutes, or until the fillets flake easily with a fork.
- Serve immediately.
I really liked this simple recipe that allowed the goodness of the fish to shine through. I thought the herb combination was very nice (and very pretty on the fish, too), and I will definitely make this recipe again as my kids gobbled it down.
I made this on the grill by laying down foil grilling the salmon and then adding the oil/herbs/juice mix after I turned it, then basting a little more towards the ends. I wasn't to crazy about the dill and cilantro combination, though I liked the cilantro with the salmon. I would have like the fish to have more of the flavors so I might try this again but marinading the fish for a little while in the mixture before grilling. Reviewed for ZWT3
My sister teasingly calls us food snobs since I became a RZ fanatic. We prefer to think of it as being more discriminating, but she is close to being right if our fresh salmon is on the menu. A 7 lb beauty came out of my freezer late yesterday & was served tonite w/garlic cabbage & potatoes. I echo comments made by Thorsten. This is a lovely recipe that lets the salmon shine as it rightfully should. I know I have not TYL, so consider it said and thx for sharing this recipe w/us.