1/2 Photos of Salmon Bulgogi With Bok Choy and Mushrooms
Dr. Jenny's Note:
From June 2008 issue of Bon Appetit. DH and I made this for dinner and thought it was a keeper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled (3/4 inch cube)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 4 (6 ounce) center-cut skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large bok choy, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch wide strips (about 7 cups)
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps sliced
- 1Blend 1 garlic clove and next 7 ingredients in mini processor.
- 2Arrange salmon in 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish. Spoon marinade over. Let marinate 5 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Arrange fish, with some marinade still clingining, on rimmed baking sheet.
- 4Transfer any marinade in dish to small saucepan.
- 5Roast fish until just opaque in center, about 8 minutes.
- 6Bring marinade in saucepan to boil; set aside and reserve for glaze.
- 7Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add bok choy and mushrooms; using garlic press, press in one garlic clove. Stir fry until mushrooms are tender and bok choy is wilted, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Divide vegetables among plates. Top with salmon. Brush fish with glaze.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Bulgogi With Bok Choy and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.3
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 87.5 mg
- Sodium 1257.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 39.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: