Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From June 2008 issue of Bon Appetit. DH and I made this for dinner and thought it was a keeper.
Make and share this Salmon Bulgogi With Bok Choy and Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled, divided
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled (3/4 inch cube)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 4 (6 ounce) center-cut skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large bok choy, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch wide strips (about 7 cups)
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps sliced
- Blend 1 garlic clove and next 7 ingredients in mini processor.
- Arrange salmon in 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish. Spoon marinade over. Let marinate 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Arrange fish, with some marinade still clingining, on rimmed baking sheet.
- Transfer any marinade in dish to small saucepan.
- Roast fish until just opaque in center, about 8 minutes.
- Bring marinade in saucepan to boil; set aside and reserve for glaze.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add bok choy and mushrooms; using garlic press, press in one garlic clove. Stir fry until mushrooms are tender and bok choy is wilted, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide vegetables among plates. Top with salmon. Brush fish with glaze.
Wonderful recipe. I couldn't see getting three pans dirty and heating up the oven so prepared as follows: Seared the salmon in large skillet for a couple of minutes, set aside, stir fried veggies in same skillet then place on service plate, then did a quick boil in the same skillet of the marinade. Topped salmon on veggies and poured sauce over all. Really recommend this dish. I did add some Thai hot chile peppers for some zip. For ZWT 6.