Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a really different salmon pattie recipe, serve it with the ginger lime mayo. It's sensational. This also freezes well and can be cooked over medium flame on stove top when still frozen, doesnt fall apart
- 400 g sweet potatoes
- 415 g pink salmon
- 1⁄4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 3 spring onions
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup plain flour
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger
- 1 lime, juice of
- peel and slice sweet potatoes and place on microwave safe plate with 1 tbspn water, cover and cook on high for approx 7mins or until tender. allow to cool slightly and mash with a fork.
- place salmon in a large bowl. Add chilli sauce, finely chopped onion and mashed sweet potato. mix well. Divide mixture into equal sized portions.
- beat eggs, and place eggs on one plate, flour on another plate, and breadcrumbs on last plate.
- Shape portions into patties, then coat in flour, then egg, then the breadcrumbs. Place in refridgerator for at least 30mins to chill, or freeze them.
- Combine mayonnaise, lime juice and finely grated ginger in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook patties 2 - 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve with the ginger lime mayo.