4 hrs 30 mins
Another appetizer from Recipes4us.co.uk website. This mousse will be served cold and garnished with cucumber slices. Included in the Zaar World Tour 2005 Swap, Britain. Cooking time will be equal to the time needed to chill mousse.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces cooked salmon, 275 grams skinned and boned
- 1/4 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 3 fluid ounces mayonnaise, 90 ml
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons gelatin powder
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 1 egg white
- cucumber, thinly sliced to garnish
- 1In a food processor or blender, place the salmon, cucumber, mayonnaise and spring onion in bowl and process until smooth. Transfer salmon mixture to a large mixing bowl. Stir in the lemon rind plus juice and seasoning. Set aside.
- 2In a double boiler or in a bowl over a pan of hot water, sprinkle gelatine over wine and mix well. When combined, increase flame and over very hot water stir until gelatine is dissolved. In a steady stream and stirring constantly, stir the gelatine into the salmon mixture. Blend until well combined and set aside.
- 3In a small mixing bowl, whisk the egg white until slightly stiff and gently fold into salmon mixture. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 600ml/20fl.oz. mould of your choice. Cover and refrigerate for approximately 4 hours or until set.
- 4When ready to serve, turn the mousse out onto a large serving platter. Garnish as needed with very thin cucumber slices and serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon and Cucumber Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.5
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.1 mg
- Sodium 235.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 20.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: