Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I am doing a variation on a recipe I found on here, I didn't have some of the stuff so I used Heinz 57 and it was fabulous!!
- 1 lb ground beef (If using round steaks, use 4) or 1 lb round steak (If using round steaks, use 4)
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Form Salisbury Steaks into patties if using.
- Brown Steaks in Skillet.
- While steaks brown combine remaining indgredients in a bowl.
- Transfer Steaks to a 13X9 baking dish.
- Pour Sauce over meat.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
with this name I was expecting something else and was disappointed. It was fine but when you have a taste for something else it is hard to get excited about not getting it.
This is in no way, shape or form like any Salisbury steak I ever heard of. It may taste good but is misnamed for sure.