Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple spaghetti tossed with warm tomato-fresh mint sauce.
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 dozen small ripe cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 lb dried spaghettini or 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 1⁄4 cups freshly grated ricotta infornata or 1 1⁄4 cups ricotta salata
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add olive oil and cherry tomatoes to a large straight-sided saute pan.
- Sprinkle with cayenne; warm over medium heat until tomatoes begin to give off some of their juice, shaking the pan every so often.
- Meanwhile, salt the boiling water in the pot; add in the spaghettini; cook, stirring often, until al dente; drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Transfer the pasta to the saute pan; add in garlic and toss with the tomatoes.
- Add 1/3 cup reserved pasta water; toss over medium heat until the water and oil emulsify.
- Add more water as necessary, a tablespoon at a time, until you have a nice creamy consistency and all the strands of spaghettini are well coated with sauce.
- Tear the mint leaves into small pieces and toss with the spaghettini.
- Transfer to heated bowls and top with the cheese; serve immediately.