Recipe by Dancer^
Need a power-packed pick-me-up? Lettuce's high moisture content makes it a natural addition to a healthy smoothie. This nutrient-rich drink is refreshing and restorative. For extra flavor, add a few sprigs of your favorite fresh herb.
Top Review by *Cathy*
Actually, if you are a seasoned juicer as I am, you will find this refreshing. I did add 3/4 cup of cold water and replaced the salt with powdered kelp. Also a sprig or two of parsley.
- 4 -6 lettuce leaves (bibb, romaine or a mix)
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled
- 8 cherry tomatoes, stemmed
- 1 scallion, trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cherry tomatoes, for garnish
- 1 whole scallion, for garnish