Recipe by breezermom
Yummy, yummy! Some of my favorite things! If you are lucky enough to be able to make this when the tomatoes are in season, this salad tops all others! I love the presentation of the white asparagus contrasting with the dark green arugula and bright red tomatoes. Just a beautiful dish! Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse.
Top Review by ForeverMama
Love the mushroom dressing flavors paired with the asparagus, arugula, and tomato made for a tasty salad. Couldn't find white asparagus, so I had to go with the green. I will be making this again, but will increase the olive oil and sherry vinegar because it fell short on dressing liquid. Great tasting salad that I'll be making again and I'm having again tomorrow for my work lunch. Thank you breezermom for sharing. Tagged it for Photo Tag.
- 2 lbs white asparagus
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb porcini mushroom, stemmed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- sherry wine vinegar
- 1 lb baby arugula
- 3 beefsteak tomatoes, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil.
- Set up a bowl with ice water and place near the sink.
- Place asparagus in boiling water and leave in for 2 to 3 minutes or until barely limp. Immediately transfer asparagus to ice bath for 5 minutes to stop the cooking process.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil, mushrooms and garlic. Cook about 2 minutes or until mushrooms are beginning to brown. Add tarragon and salt, pepper and a splash of vinegar. Set aside.
- On 6 salad plates, plate 4 or 5 spears of asparagus. Top with a mound of arugula and arrange 2 or 3 slices of tomato on each mound. Drizzle porcini dressing over each salad and serve.