Simply Chris's Note:
Absolutely fantastic summer salad. Best when using fresh, ripe peaches. Got this from Food & Wine, it is a recipe served at Mary Elaine's at the Phoenician in Scottsdale, Az. The family loved it and has already requested that I make it again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml walnuts
- 4 firm ripe freestone peaches, halved and pitted
- 36.97 ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml sherry wine vinegar or 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 85.04 g arugula, large stems discarded
- 946.36 ml frisee (or spring green mix)
- 236.59 ml cabrales cheese, crumbled (Cabrales is a mild Spanish blue cheese, if you can't find it, use any mild blue cheese, Gorgonzola i)
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Place walnuts in a pie plate and toast in oven for 7 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- 3Transfer the walnuts to a plate to cool.
- 4When cool, coarsely chop the walnuts.
- 5Toss the peaches with 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Grill the peaches over a medium-high fire until softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes per side.
- 7Transfer the peaches to a work surface and cut each peach half in half.
- 8Mix the vinegar with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 9Add the arugula and frisee and toss well.
- 10Transfer the salad to a platter and scatter the Cabrales and toasted walnuts on top.
- 11Arrange the peaches around the salad and serve.
Browse Our Top Pitted Fruits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pitted Fruits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salad of Mixed Greens With Grilled Peaches and Cabrales Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.5
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar