Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Absolutely fantastic summer salad. Best when using fresh, ripe peaches. Got this from Food & Wine, it is a recipe served at Mary Elaine's at the Phoenician in Scottsdale, Az. The family loved it and has already requested that I make it again.
- 118.29 ml walnuts
- 4 firm ripe freestone peaches, halved and pitted
- 36.97 ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml sherry wine vinegar or 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 85.04 g arugula, large stems discarded
- 946.36 ml frisee (or spring green mix)
- 236.59 ml cabrales cheese, crumbled (Cabrales is a mild Spanish blue cheese, if you can't find it, use any mild blue cheese, Gorgonzola i)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Place walnuts in a pie plate and toast in oven for 7 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Transfer the walnuts to a plate to cool.
- When cool, coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Toss the peaches with 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the peaches over a medium-high fire until softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer the peaches to a work surface and cut each peach half in half.
- Mix the vinegar with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the arugula and frisee and toss well.
- Transfer the salad to a platter and scatter the Cabrales and toasted walnuts on top.
- Arrange the peaches around the salad and serve.