Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Go ahead and let the kids make their own pita bread salad.
- 2 large pita bread rounds
- 2 slices deli ham
- 4 slices American cheese or 4 slices swiss cheese
- dill pickle slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 slices roasted deli chicken or 2 slices deli turkey
- Cut pita bread in half.
- Rinse and dry lettuce leaves.
- Spread mayonnaise inside pita bread.
- Tear or cut meat and cheese into bite size pieces.
- Fill pita pockets with lettuce leaf, meat and cheese mixture and pickle slices.
Great little "salad" and it kept the carboholic in me very happy. I subbed olives for the pickles and spinach for the lettuce, but the idea is still there. This lends itself to any favorite "salad" ingredients.