Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Saad Fayed, Salad-e shirazi is a summertime favorite in Iran. Finely chopped tomatoes and cucumbers mixed with spices and lime juice make salad-e shirazi a hit.
- 3 large firm tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 small red onions or 1 small yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons lime juice, depending on taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- Finely chop tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions.
- Toss with remaining ingredients and gently mix well.
- Serve chilled.
This is a fabulous and simple recipe. Great middle eastern flavors meld perfectly together overnight for a nice side dish.
A perfect summer sidedish.